ACCE ACCESS Young Entrepreneurs Webinar
As part of ACCE’s educational webinar series for young entrepreneurs in Canada, and in association with the National Bank of Canada, Hong Kong Development & Trade Office, Export Development of Canada, and the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, ACCE (Association of Chinese Canadian Entrepreneurs) are pleased to announce the following webinar on Wednesday, March 24th starting at 9 am to 11 am Pacific Standard Time. The objective, discussion topics, expected outcome and participating details are listed below. Admission is free, while all the participants’ shared knowledge could be invaluable to your career journey.
Hosted by the ACCE Young Entrepreneur Group, VELOCITY…where game changing connections begin.
– Discussion of risks and challenges often faced by start-up entrepreneurs.
– How and where should entrepreneurs look for funding?
– Learn from successful entrepreneurs who expanded into Asia.
– How Government help businesses expand in Asia?
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Time: 12:00pm-2:00pm EST | 9:00am- 11:00am PST
Where: Event hosted on hopin
Registration: Pre-registration required
MC: Jessie Ma, Legal Advisor of ACCE
12:00pm EST | 9:00am PST – PART I
Fireside Chat with
- Chris Bennett, Manager, International Trade, National Bank of Canada
- Hua Yu, Managing Director, Level5 Strategy
(Moderator: Ben Hum, Chair of the ACCE Young Entrepreneurs Committee)
12:20pm EST | 9:20am PST – PART II
Emily Mo, Director, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (Toronto) to share insight of:
- what top business sectors thrive in Hong Kong
- why the Hong Kong landscape is ideal for entrepreneurs
- the various HKSAR Government funding schemes to support HK and foreign SMEs
InvestHK will moderate an engaging fireside chat with successful North American entrepreneurs who have expanded their businesses into Asia via Hong Kong.
Learn practical tips and solutions from them:
Why did they start their business?
Where did they get funding to start and grow their businesses?
How did they find their first client?
What strategies did they use to generate revenue?
How did they resolve challenges?
- Education and Real Estate Innovator – Toby Chu, Chairman and CEO, CIBT Education Group Inc. (TSX: MBA, OTCQX: MBAIF) – Vancouver, BC
- Bespoked Lighting and Decor Manufacturer – Lindsay Lau, CEO, INLIGHT
12:50pm EST | 9:50am PST – PART III
Canadian government counterparts to share how they can help businesses expand globally, eg. Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Asia
- Sue Rauth, Deputy Director, Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Kevin Sullivan, Senior Manager, Export Development of Canada
- Raymond Zhu, Senior Manager, Greater China from the Trade & Industry Development branch,
Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation
( Moderator: Ben Hum, Chair of the ACCE Young Entrepreneurs Committee)
1:10pm EST | 10:10am PST – 3 Breakout rooms
Hosted by: Government officials, InvestHK, National Bank of Canada
Networking between speakers, panelists, and attendees
1:30pm EST | 10:30am PST – One-on-One networking (optional)
2:00pm EST | 11:00 pm PST – Adjournment